super shocks, good price, revalve Jogaca! - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com
Suspension/Steering/Chassis Discuss major suspension, steering stem, chassis and similar modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

View Batman's Photo Gallery(0)
super shocks, good price, revalve Jogaca!

hello all!
so this is my first post (except my intro),
I did hours of research and am really happy with my results. I wanted to remove the stock shocks from my 2008 kfx 450r. need less to say the stock shocks where terrible. I mostly ride the dunes here in oregon and the head shake and stiff rear busting pogo stick rear shock had to be fixed. I looked and read a lot on this site and others at the elka shocks, fox shocks and revalve option. the problems for me was one the price and the other was the build with elka. I know there are folks on here that swear by both. the prespective I have with this is only what I have read.

the elkas were going to be my pick but the several forms have said elka is great if they take the time to dial them in right to rider weight, style, and and ride height. other wise youll end out sending them out for a revale? on a set of shocks for 1300 some bucks that just wasnt an option for me. my conclusion is elka has goten to big of a company, matched with the facts that im a weekend rider and dont have that kinda cash to throw.

the fox floats 1000 bucks (for fronts). fox is the way to go except it is hard for a weekend rider to adjust to get the right ride hight ect, then you need the hand pump (not sure the cost) and this only covers my front shocks.

so i went with revalve, Kevin from Jogaca is located in airzona, answered all my questions, and did a stellar job on my stock shocks. they now have triple rate springs, powder coated, revalved with elka parts and this was the front and rear shocks for just under 800. i dont get arm pump any more and not feeling so beat up after rideing.
my quad is more stable at high speeds and they came bolt on ready. no adjusting was needed ride hight was right. In all this i just needed to give credit where credit was due and its a night and day difference for this weekend dune rider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 12:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to KB Motorsports
View KB Motorsports's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via AIM to KB Motorsports
the elkas were going to be my pick but the several forms have said elka is great if they take the time to dial them in right to rider weight, style, and and ride height. other wise youll end out sending them out for a revale? my conclusion is elka has goten to big of a company

-When the shocks come from ELKA they’re setup for you. You are not required to send them to a third party to get them corrected. In fact it’s free from ELKA to have them modified by Elka within the first 30 days for free.

the fox floats 1000 bucks (for fronts). fox is the way to go except it is hard for a weekend rider to adjust to get the right ride hight ect, then you need the hand pump (not sure the cost) and this only covers my front shocks.

The hand pump comes standard with the Floats , Float R , and the Float X Evols. They’re a very plush over roots, small breaking bumps, sand and jagged edges. They also absorb harsh landings. After the initial setup they’re awesome. However, I agree it can be tricky to find the perfect setting right out of the box.

so i went with revalve, Kevin from Jogaca is located in airzona, answered all my questions, and did a stellar job on my stock shocks. they now have triple rate springs, powder coated, revalved with elka parts and this was the front and rear shocks for just under 800. i dont get arm pump any more and not feeling so beat up after rideing.

my quad is more stable at high speeds and they came bolt on ready. no adjusting was needed ride hight was right. In all this i just needed to give credit where credit was due and its a night and day difference for this weekend dune rider!

Did the 800 include a new rear link as well ? It’s great you love them and they’re doing exactly what you want out in the dunes.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

View Batman's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Motorsports View Post
the elkas were going to be my pick but the several forms have said elka is great if they take the time to dial them in right to rider weight, style, and and ride height. other wise youll end out sending them out for a revale? my conclusion is elka has goten to big of a company

-When the shocks come from ELKA they’re setup for you. You are not required to send them to a third party to get them corrected. In fact it’s free from ELKA to have them modified by Elka within the first 30 days for free.

The hand pump comes standard with the Floats , Float R , and the Float X Evols. They’re a very plush over roots, small breaking bumps, sand and jagged edges. They also absorb harsh landings. After the initial setup they’re awesome. However, I agree it can be tricky to find the perfect setting right out of the box.

Did the 800 include a new rear link as well ? It’s great you love them and they’re doing exactly what you want out in the dunes. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.kfx450hq.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

No they didn't come with the link but did include shipping. Sorry for any miss information I haven't owned elkas just going off hours of reading all the forums here. I do really love the shocks though after trying to adjust the stock shocks with out success and having a budget.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Performance > Suspension/Steering/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in