Need information about the cylinder - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com
General Discussion Talk about anything on your mind here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

View Lavalley156's Photo Gallery(0)
Need information about the cylinder

Ok guys I'm still stumped. when i bought the 08 kfx450 it didnt run great always needed to boost it off a vehicle cause it would drain the battery so anyways before I took it apart It had only 45 psi on stock piston shimmed it correct that still didn't build any more compression so I bought a cp 13.8.1 piston hoping that would fix it installed it and only bumped the compression up to 50 psi. So I bought the kx 450 cams put it in still nothing . So I noticed a little oil in front on top of the cases were leaking oil so pulled the motor re sealed the cases, made sure the valves are sealing and they were all good and re measured the ring gap and it was .20 or a little more that that on the feller guage so I took my mic out and mic it top of the cylinder was 55.93mm and bottom of the cylinder was 55.86mm so my question is that is the cylinder still inspec or is it worn? What are your guys cylinders measures out as? Because that is the only thing I got left that I didnt change out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Headquarters > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in