Nitrous - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com
Engine/EFI/Drivetrain Discuss engine, fuel injection, air intake, and drivetrain modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

View Blayzin212's Photo Gallery(0)
Nitrous

I had a crazy idea and I'm running it through my head and I'm trying to foresee any issues.

What if I make my own little injection kit into the air stream in the fci intake before the throttle body. I have a pcv and it has the ability to change maps on the fly with the flip of a switch. So I put a simple push button behind the throttle to where it only hits the button when in the last 1/4" of throttle. I would also put a separate switch before that so I can control when it's on. I'm only looking to deter knock and maybe add 1 or 2 horsepower. I'm talking a very small amount. Just for fun. Do you guys think that's doable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

By the way the switch behind the throttle would activate the nitrous sylinoid at the same time.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Current setup
The head will have new valve train
Stage 2 cams
12.4 forged piston 96mm
Stroker crank
Accel coil
Fci intake with k&n filter
Pcv with autotune and pod300
Full dasa exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 07:43 PM

View blue99stroker's Photo Gallery(0)
I don’t know if you could get a small enough jet.

It’s just not practical.

Then you would need to beef up the case around the front sprocket.

08 KFX450r- DASA, FCI, Stg 2 Hotcams, Wiseco FI, Dynatek Coil

Race Tech dual rate front springs, GT thunder XC Link and Race tech spring, LSR +2 Arms and LSR Axle

Poly Case Saver, Streamline Stabilizer, PRM Skidplates, Pro Armor Bumpers, Tusk Heel Guards, IMS 3.7 tank, 6K HID

Next up: Dasa Port Job, JE Pro 12 12.8 piston
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

I have the poly case saver....they claim a 1000 of them are out there and no breaks yet...they claim.!
It's most definitely not practical but I dont race anymore and none of this is practical...lol. I have a lot of tools and I love to build stuff!
It's just an idea yet, but I've been doing a ton of reading and I already know that detonation is the worst under low rpm (torque) because the critical situation lasts much longer than it would at high rpm so that's the only place that I ever give 100 percent throttle...is at low rpm and I'll hold it to the board until to motor climbs to almost max. I'm just trying to cool the charge for safety and add a little to the enjoyment. I already have everything that I need besides the nos setup, and the resources to get it done. It is just for fun, but I know theres at least 2 or 3 things I'm not seeing here, there always is. That's why I am trying to start a discussion on it because that's the best way to figure it out (a collaborative mind) if u will. Think tank of sorts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

View Dust Devil's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayzin212 View Post
I have the poly case saver....they claim a 1000 of them are out there and no breaks yet...they claim.!
It's most definitely not practical but I dont race anymore and none of this is practical...lol. I have a lot of tools and I love to build stuff!
It's just an idea yet, but I've been doing a ton of reading and I already know that detonation is the worst under low rpm (torque) because the critical situation lasts much longer than it would at high rpm so that's the only place that I ever give 100 percent throttle...is at low rpm and I'll hold it to the board until to motor climbs to almost max. I'm just trying to cool the charge for safety and add a little to the enjoyment. I already have everything that I need besides the nos setup, and the resources to get it done. It is just for fun, but I know theres at least 2 or 3 things I'm not seeing here, there always is. That's why I am trying to start a discussion on it because that's the best way to figure it out (a collaborative mind) if u will. Think tank of sorts.

It's not practical for 1-3 horsepower...Adding 15~30HP is & yes you'll need to beef up the aluminum case around the front sprocket by welding aluminum strips in a web pattern...

You'll need to balance your crank & weld the pin to prevent failure...

you'll need to adjust/retard your ignition timing & run a rich A/F fuel mixture 11.5~12...

& lockout clutch will be needed..normal clutch will slip too much when the NO2 is activated...
here's a starter kit...2.5lb bottle will give you less then 5min
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WET-Nitrous...ty!86404!US!-1
recommended is a 10lb bottle & a wet system...Dry system will detonate your motor like a grenade...

RecklessKfx500 has a KFX500 w/nitrous...62+ RWHP motor only, 90 + RWHP with nitrous...https://www.kfx450hq.com/forums/gene...ine-build.html

Check with Site Sponsors "First"

(Immortal ATV)
Todd
http://immortalatv.com
1-(800)380-9646
[email protected]
Save 5% off $100 or more, use coupon code: KFX450HQ

(KB Motor-sports)
http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com

(Discount Tire)
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com
Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Well I'm glad I asked... I spent a good deal of time prepping and painting my new engine so I'm not going to weld on it. I think I will finish this one out and when I'm done I will find another set of bottom cases and I'll mig an aluminum webbing all around the sprocket and build one from scratch

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Performance > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in