Rebuild 08 KFX450R or buy a new ATV? - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com
Engine/EFI/Drivetrain Discuss engine, fuel injection, air intake, and drivetrain modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

View cameron.24v's Photo Gallery(0)
Rebuild 08 KFX450R or buy a new ATV?

I have a 2008 KFX450R and it is completely stock, and im wanting to give it a makeover and make it run better and go faster, maybe even do a stroker kit and bore it out. My question is, do I go as far doing a stroker kit, put different injectors, give it a tuner, exhaust, intake and dyno it, and put different shocks on it, or do I go out and buy a different ATV (like the Yamaha YFZ450 or try and find a KTM 505/525) I know the dollar side of it will be leaning towards the finding a new ATV but would the KFX after its built be faster?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:11 PM

View Blayzin212's Photo Gallery(0)
I was in the exact same spot you are now, last year. This bike is different from the rest of the equal atvs out there, and it will cost you a little more money. I just ordered a stroker big bore 500cc kit. I have a good deal of mods on mine but even with out the stroker it runs hard. When I rode it stock, I was not impressed at all. An exhaust and intake with stage 2 cams and power commander, and it came alive. I do all work myself and I'll provide any guidance I can if you decide to keep it. There are really smart ppl on this forum that are willing to help, along with one or 2 guys that know everything there is about the bike. I found that resource to be extremely valuable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 02:24 AM

View FranciscoG831's Photo Gallery(0)
Im in the same exact boat. 2008 kfx450 completely stock and I'm not sure if i wanna dump money into it just to build it like I've always wanted to or just purchase a sidexside for the family (can am x3 xrs). i love the KFX but as I've right now she needs more attention. i mostly ride dunes and trails. I think im gonna do the big 3 (fuel customs intake, PCV and either DASA/Monster exhaust not sure yet. Also +2 A Arms long travel, fox or elka shocks. needs new chain sprockets/wheels. pretty much replace every old part but motor is pretty healthy fresh tune up and i change the oil after every ride.

Last edited by FranciscoG831; 09-02-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Performance > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in