programmer for fci intake with stock exhaust - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com
Engine/EFI/Drivetrain Discuss engine, fuel injection, air intake, and drivetrain modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

View LMkfx450r's Photo Gallery(0)
programmer for fci intake with stock exhaust

Recently removed the full dasa exhaust(too loud for my area) from my kfx450r and replaced it with a stock exhaust. My question is if I install an fci intake are any of the tuners out there compatible with that combo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 04:20 PM

View blue99stroker's Photo Gallery(0)
Did you try the quiet Core?

It’s 30 bucks for the dasa

The 3 button controllers are very user friendly for almost mods

08 KFX450r- DASA, FCI, Stage 2 Hotcams, Wiseco Programmer, Procom, Dynatek Coil, 6K HID, 7" LED Light Bar.

Race Tech dual rate front springs, GT thunder XC Link and Race tech spring

Poly Case Saver, Streamline Stabilizer, Full PRM Skidplates, Pro Armor Bumpers, Tusk Heel Guards, TRX Rear Hubs, IMS 3.7 tank
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I think I'm gonna go with the power commander 3. The dasa I have is the oval shaped silencer which is the early model I guess, not compatible with the quiet core they sell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 06:31 PM

View Jacob11531's Photo Gallery(0)
That sucks to hear its too loud for your area. I feel my dasa is also loud and obnoxious but i have yet to be told its too loud. Its just me i guess.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 11:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to KB Motorsports
View KB Motorsports's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via AIM to KB Motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMkfx450r View Post
Recently removed the full dasa exhaust(too loud for my area) from my kfx450r and replaced it with a stock exhaust. My question is if I install an fci intake are any of the tuners out there compatible with that combo?
The Dobeck 3 button controller(s) would be easily tune for just a intake swap, and you'll notice a difference in power immediately. I'd sell the DASA and replace it with a Yoshimura RS2 it's only 96db out of the box without a power robbing quiet core installed.

KB Motorsports
270-774-1982
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Alright guys thanks for the replies. I sold the dasa and installed stock heavy ass muffler, bought a 3 button wiseco tuner/controller and decided to buy a CFM intake over the FCI mainly for the purpose of running a lid and the ability to run a UNI foam filter vs the K&N style on the FCI intake. Not knocking the FCI they look to be a very nice product but I just felt I needed to have more protection in wet and muddy conditions. Anyways, the cfm intake installed nicely and fit good, and really woke the bike up even with the restrictive stock exhaust. Plus as an added bonus it really looks good on the KFX being aluminum, it matches up with the aluminum frame/subframe.

So now with the wiseco controller, does anyone have any tuning suggestions? CFM intake with lid and stock exhaust. Right now I have it set at Green 3 , Yellow 3.5 , Red 3.

2010 kfx450r dasa full exhaust, all stock otherwise

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Performance > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in