KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

2007 Part Out!

9K views 65 replies 25 participants last post by  HMS 
#1 ·
Parting out this 2007 KSF450B/KSX450R Quad. Everything in the pictures is for sale EXCEPT for the engine and frame.

We're a Formula SAE race team out of Lincoln, NE and we're looking to use the engine for performance testing and actual use in our race car. However, we do not have a use for the rest of the quad, so we're parting it out.

Everything is in excellent condition.
Make an offer for whichever parts you'd like, or PM me for more detailed pictures.

Cheers,
Husker Motorsports

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
how much for the swing arm skid? it looks like its metal. If so id be interested.

#4 ·
First 2007 ive ever seen! Everything matches on that first look photos i was talking about.. Everything except the coolant tank.. That bike has 7/8 bars, clear intake, different style bead on wheels.. Thats crazy

#5 ·
Relays look different... Wonder what else is different..did the 07even go into production and sell??

#6 ·
Glws. i just wanted to say that look like one of those tweener year kawis with the batterie behind air box different airbox moved radiator reservoir thats pretty awesome

#7 ·
That wiring harness looks very clean and simple.. Are you keeping it? If not how much for it

#8 ·
Well technically i found it first! I did notice the wheels looked different. Would be cool to figure out all what is different!

#9 ·
U beat me to it. Haha but everyone thought i was nuts when i described the "2007" refer to my thread about the first look.. This is def one of those bikes

#11 ·
Technically the 08 came out in march of 07. Thats when i got mine.

True, That is when I got my first one, but they still called it a 2008.
THe catch tank in the pic is just hanging there by the overflow hose, not attached to anything.

#13 ·
I remeber when it was only the honda and yamaha 450 and i was waiting for the arrival of the kawasaki.. I remeber when a local got one in early 08. But i had remember seeing the "first look" way before that.. The "07" that we never see must have been their test dummys. I dont think they went into production.. You would think since the official first year of them was a 2008

#14 ·
Yeah this is one of the prototypes guys... the ones you reference as the first look bikes.

Has the tires and wheels and different air box, white intake tube, cleaner harness, different grab bar, etc.

No telling how many early testing incarnations there were. But I would sure like to spend a while checking this one out in person.

#15 ·
Ya forsure. Im sure their is more. But your just not seeing it in the pics. I always wondered how 2007 was a year choice option when ordering parts from certain sites.. They made them but we jus didnt see them. Kinda neat seeing one somewhat available to us. How did you come about getting this bike??

#16 ·
Is it just me or does that steerring bearing plate look different from ours?

#17 · (Edited)
Ya somethin stood out on that to me also.. Im thinkin its the bolts that are holding it down.. I replaed mine with stainless bolts. But werent the factory star or allen head? I remember having a heck of a time removing what ever they were

#18 ·
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been replying to anyone that's posted on this thread, I forgot to hit the button that sends me an email when somebody posts to it.

Anyone that's interested in parts, shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP!

I can take more detailed photos of any part...most of it is disassembled now for storage.

Thanks,
Husker Motorsports

#20 ·
#24 ·
The shock linkage looks machined. Would like to compare it to oem.

Sent from my Galaxy 4 using Tapatalk 2.

#28 ·
I would be surprised if they let go of the harness, as they will be using the engine.

I googled Formula SAE, and Husker Motorsports. That is some pretty cool chit. Like micro formula one cars.

Sent from my Galaxy 4 using Tapatalk 2.

#29 ·
He gave me a price...

#30 ·
Harness is up for sale, we do a custom wiring harness on our cars.

dhall79, you're right. These cars are like scaled-down Formula race cars. They perform at extreme levels and it gives a rush like I've never felt before! I can't remember the data specs off the top of my head, but I think we were pulling close to 1.7g's in the corners, and that was with our 2nd year car. Many universities have been at it for over a decade, some over two.

But back to the KFX, EVERYTHING in the pictures except for the engine and frame is for sale.

Sold items:
Brake Light
All four wheels

Thanks,
Husker Motorsports

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.