Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Headquarters > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about anything on your mind here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM

View jake1221's Photo Gallery(0)
Power commander question?

I want to buy a slip on exhaust but do not have the money right now to buy a power commander and slip on. I was wondering if i buy the the slip on first and put it on will it hurt my engine without the power commander?

Another question is if i just buy a power commander and install it and dont have any upgrades does it do anything for me?

Thanks for the help!
KFX450HQ.com is the premier Kawasaki KFX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not these ads. Please Register - It's Free!    
Old 04-01-2009, 07:57 PM

View walshyfz86's Photo Gallery(0)
Just a slip on you wont need a PC3 all though a slip on dont do much but make it sound decent. And stock map is pretty good. inless you are really good with tuning and have a dyno that you can get af meter readings then just a pc3 wont do you no good. Cause im sure you can tune a stock motor for atlease a hp. A intake is what you want a kfx. But im not sure if you would NEED a pc3 with just a intake. But you might be able to get away with it.
www.tigerracingupfront.com
Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 PM

View yz125rider21's Photo Gallery(0)
your quad will be the same if you just get the pcIII because its tuned from factory best it gets unless you add mods because it is fuel injection....but from what I read a slip on is a waste of money and only for sound
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

View ononewheel's Photo Gallery(1)
your better off waiting till you can buy a full exhaust rather than waste money on a slipon!you will need a pc3 when you do that and youll have to do your intake as well!if you lookin 4 some better sound for now remove your baffle!

2014 SPONSORS

ZBROZ RACING
FASSTCO
FMF
FLY RACING
FOX
KENDA
PRO ARMOR
HOT CAMS
HOT RODS
VERTEX
PIVOT WORKS
CYLINDER WORKS
SG GRAFFIX
SCOTT
JT SPROCKETS
REKLUSE
MOTOEXPERTS
NACS RACING
ODI
1.7 CLEANING SOLUTIONS
HIPER RACING
PRECISION RACING
LIFEPROOF
AMSOIL

Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 PM

View Slaytanic454's Photo Gallery(61)
Quote: Originally Posted by yz125rider21 View Post
your quad will be the same if you just get the pcIII because its tuned from factory best it gets unless you add mods because it is fuel injection....but from what I read a slip on is a waste of money and only for sound
Not true. You get very slightly more HP out of a full system, but the majority of the restriction in the stock system is in the muffler itself; it's baffled. The aftermarket headers are just stepped, which gives you slightly better flow.

Also, for those that think that running the stock pipe with the baffle out will make it sound better... See: Youtube Video comparison (I'm obviously the one on the black KFX. Blue is my buddy Daryl on his Craptor 660, red and black is my buddy Simon on his TRX450):

Without the Sparky

With a Motoworks SR-4

Big difference
Motoworks SR-4, CFM Aluminum intake box/tube, Custom EHS lid, K&N filter, ProCom ECU, Fasst Flexx bars, Elka System 5 stabilizer, black Pro Armor Fat Peg nerfs, black Pro Armor Dominator bumper, Pro Armor kill switch, Pro Armor swing arm skid, JnJ frame/a-arm skids, Pro Armor billet case saver, Pro Armor billet shifter, 15 tooth sprocket, ITP Holeshot HDs, Factory Effex Metal Mulisha graphics
Old 04-01-2009, 09:11 PM

View Jonny450R's Photo Gallery(0)
You might wanna get with fuel Atv they did a pipe shoot out on what hp and torgue gains you got with the KFX. Granted the Dasa did the best but you can see what you can expect from taking out the baffling of a stock muffler and no lid on the airbox to what you can get with the big 3.
Race- #666-Way Fast Whitey-08 KFX450R-Lowered, FCI; DASA pipe; pro armor FAT PEG nerf bars; Houser anti-vibe steering stem; Razr TTs all-around; RATH front Bumper; RATH sway bar; ROX speed powermadd hand guards; QuadTech Carbon Fiber Air Duct System; Fuel ATV parking brake block off; Hiper Tech3 rims; stage 2 hotcams; ProCom ECU; Flexx bars; ODI Rogue grips, ASR A-Arms First KFX450R up Pike's Peak. Start to finish 12.42 miles with 156 turns.Official time: 14:48:30

Trail-09 KFX700

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Headquarters > General Discussion