Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Headquarters > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about anything on your mind here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 02:23 AM

View yz125rider21's Photo Gallery(0)
warming up quad when cold help

OK guys. I got a kfx450r quad awhile back for doing a side job and I was wondering is there any easy way to get the quad to start and warm up easy???a lot of times I have to tie a rope and jump start it behind my truck. I just finally got it all back together with a fuel customs intake, dasa exhaust and pclll and want to fire it up but dont have the time to pull it behind a truck...any help would be great being its fuel injected I thought it would fire right up
KFX450HQ.com is the premier Kawasaki KFX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not these ads. Please Register - It's Free!    
Old 03-24-2009, 02:31 AM

View AZkfx450rider's Photo Gallery(0)
damn bro u can fuckin push start the thing i do it in my drive way sumtimes haha, but i dont really have any issues starting, hot or cold, u try starting with the choke open? sumtimes that helps but other than that i say try to start it once or twice if no luck turn power off then turn the ignition on then hit the starter
Old 03-24-2009, 02:59 AM

choke meaning throttle open? I dont see a choke switch
Old 03-24-2009, 03:12 AM

update. I pulled the plug wire out to see if its sparking and it isnt. so what could this be. I tried searching on here and dont see nothing.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:36 AM

View adam887's Photo Gallery(0)
the cold-start knob is on the shifter side behind the top engine mount. and if you haven't yet you should get your tps voltage adjusted up. that should help with starting as well
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 AM

ya I found the shifter pulled that out but still having hard time starting it started for a bit then I shut it off cause my dasa pipe was getting red. I forgot to get the colant air out so I had to get a 8mm to up the bolt to drain the air out when I get it running but now its hard to start again. but wats the tps trick?
Old 03-24-2009, 04:14 AM

View Slaytanic454's Photo Gallery(61)
It's more of a high idle knob than a choke. Also, don't give it gas when you try to start it. If the throttle position sensor reads anything other than zero, it will disable the fuel pump and it will never start, it'll just crank all day. (Although sometimes that works to your advantage. If you're having a really hard time and it seems like sputters and floods, press on the throttle. It will disable the gas flow and allow any leftover gas to be shit out the exhaust, or start up the motor)

So you're saying it has no spark, and won't start, but it will run if you push start it? That doesn't make any sense...
Motoworks SR-4, CFM Aluminum intake box/tube, Custom EHS lid, K&N filter, ProCom ECU, Fasst Flexx bars, Elka System 5 stabilizer, black Pro Armor Fat Peg nerfs, black Pro Armor Dominator bumper, Pro Armor kill switch, Pro Armor swing arm skid, JnJ frame/a-arm skids, Pro Armor billet case saver, Pro Armor billet shifter, 15 tooth sprocket, ITP Holeshot HDs, Factory Effex Metal Mulisha graphics
Old 03-24-2009, 05:07 AM

no no I got spark now again...I dont know what it was...I followed one guys step and turned it clockwise 22 ticks from all the way counter clockwise and fired right up but I was hitting gas and stuff when starting after. I never knew if I did that it would just sit there and crank . but i will be checking the tps tomorrow and what should I have the tps read? .62 or .64?
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 PM

View REEKERS529's Photo Gallery(0)
set mine at 64 idle may be to high this will cause your header to glow.
2008 KFX 450r, FCI w/box, DMC dual exhaust, PCIII, FOX SHOX, Hyper Tech 3's on GBC T-REX, UM nerfs w/fat pegs, Pro armor full/swing skids, dominator II axle, roll design +1 stem, flexx bars, power madd hand guards, precision stabilizer, Hinson billetproof clutch basket, stage two hot cams, Rekluse Z-pro clutch, Fluidyne Radiator

http://www.loopd.com/members/REEKERS529/Default.aspx

OPEN FLY RACING TEAM
WE LET IT ALL HANG OUT!!

Thanks to my sponsors, THEDE PHOTOGRAPHY, TAG METALS, TekBolt, RAD mfg,SMX optics, FLY RACING, ASV
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote: Originally Posted by Slaytanic454 View Post
It's more of a high idle knob than a choke. Also, don't give it gas when you try to start it. If the throttle position sensor reads anything other than zero, it will disable the fuel pump and it will never start, it'll just crank all day. (Although sometimes that works to your advantage. If you're having a really hard time and it seems like sputters and floods, press on the throttle. It will disable the gas flow and allow any leftover gas to be shit out the exhaust, or start up the motor)

So you're saying it has no spark, and won't start, but it will run if you push start it? That doesn't make any sense...

you where right on this one and it fired up once I let it sit and now starts up always and replug the pc3 in and no more header glow...but two questions...1. does the header put off a lot of heat because mine seems like it could cook a egg but does not glow anymore sense i put the pc3 on mapped for my mods. 2. is the oil suppose to look a lil creamy when its running through the lil window?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Headquarters > General Discussion