KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

wont start with electric start

3K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  QuickKFX 
#1 ·
ok, so i adjusted my valves. only the exhaust was out of spec. i put the new shims in and rechecked them all and all were within spec now. now my quad wont start with the electric start. we pull started it and i put it in 2nd gear once we got goin and let the clutch out and it fired up instantly. i let it warm up for a few mintues and rode it around a little bit and it ran perfect, pulled hard and everything. i tried disconecting the PC3 and didnt do anything. i am stumped and wanted to see if you guys had any ideas.

#2 ·
u installed the chain tensioner incorrectly....u need to remove it, use a screwdriven down the center of it and retract it...with the tensiioner held (with screwdriver) retracted, install and tighten bolts....then release screwdriver

#4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brammabull69 @ Nov 17 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ok i get that but why do you have to do it that way?[/b]
its self adjusting like a ratchet system...basicially what u did is applied full extended adjustment of the tensioner instead of allowing the tensioner to adjust itys self to the correct chain pressure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.