KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

when first start strange noise

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  offroadhunter 
#1 ·
hey guys when i start my quad for the first few minutes, until it gets warm, it makes a weird noise almost like something slapping it is definatly in the top end, kinda sounds like cam chain slap'n against something,really not sure , but once it gets warmed up its fine, i will try to get a video but i don't have equipment. i have always used good oil mobil 1 mc ful syth. 93 octane and never give it gas until properly warmed up, its still under warranty just bought it mar 25 08, but i was wondering is this normal? i'm pretty sure its always done this. thanks Brian oh and only mod is kn clamp on filter

#2 ·
MINE DOSNT MAKE ANY NOISE OR HAS IT EVER. SOUNDS THE SAME WARM OR COLD

#3 ·
my idol was set to low, last night when i first started it it made that noise then i turned idol up a few clicks it went away, and tried it again earlier and no noise, now that i think about it my friend thought it was to high when i first got the quad and turned it down, i shouldn't of listen to him he don't know crap and thinks he does. how many clicks in or out should my idol be? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.