KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

Fuel pump died...see why...!!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Duster 
#1 · (Edited)
My fuel pump just quit & wouldn't do anything...

Don't tell me ethanol fuel/pump gas doesn't corrode & damage fuel systems...

Pull the pump apart and my strainer had disintegrated and poured onto the floor..

Hopefully it will work properly after cleaning it up, spraying the regulator out with carb cleaner & the new motor & strainer installed...

see pics

#2 ·
man that looks horrible. i hope putting stabil once in a while helps my fuel system out in the long run lol

#3 ·
wow that looks really bad.. mine was still like new last time i had it out. you just running pump gas?

#4 ·
Eewww!!!! lol... That looks bad.

#6 ·
Alcohol just tears everything up. You can buy alcohol testers. I know in my state of Kansas, if there is 10% or less of alcohol in the gas they don't have to have a sign on the pump to tell ya. We sell chainsaws and lawn and garden equipment and lots of companies say in the manual to not use any gas with alcohol and has to be 91 octane. We've seen lots of chainsaws blown up from alcohol. I only get my 91 octane at a BP station in my city. We've tested it and no probs.

#7 ·
Yeah, I used to test my pump gas from the stations around here once. Put a little in a clear marked bottle, add water to the next line, shake, let sit and see what happens.

Eventually it got to where about all of them had ethanol, or at some point during the year it would make it's way in and surprise you.

A lot of people use the Lucas ethanol fuel treatment. I know Barney Fife does. Seems to work for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.